Winery Tour and Sunset Akrotiri
1. Pick up &Drop off at the place of your choice.
Our driver-guide meet you by our luxury mini bus Mercedes outside of your hotel or at the nearest pick up point in case there is no entrance for cars.
2. Visit Koutsoyannopoulos winery that it occupies a natural cave.
Our first stop, will be at the wine museum of the island that it is eight meters below ground, 300 meters long and has a labyrinth-like shape. The Wine Museum presents the history of wine and the life of vine-growers in Santorini from 1660 to 1970.The visitors can learn about the history of wine by viewing semi-mobile and still-life figurines. An automatic audio guide is available in fourteen languages. Taste of 3 wines
3. Next stop , Argyros winery that it founded in 1903 by George Argyros, was transformed by his grandson, Yiannis into one of the largest estates on Santorini, with vineyards totaling 30 hectares today. Now his son Mathew, the 4th generation of Argyros, has taken over management of the winery and continues the family’s long tradition in winemaking. Argyros Estate combines the ancient traditions of Santorini together with the latest in modern wine technology to produce some of the most highly awarded wines on the island. Their wines feature a wide variety of native grapes including, Assyrtiko, Athiri, Aidani, Mandilaria and Mavrotragano.
There you will taste 4 local wines- local tapas and the famous chocolate vinsanto that they produce.
4. Then, we will meet Profitis Ilias Mountain to take panoramic photos of Santorini and breathe the fresh air of the island. From here you can see all the points of the island and the magic of it.
5. Our driver will take you at the South area of the island to visit 2 local families producers in Akrotiri and taste organic wine, local desserts and local products without chemicals that all of them are home made. In one of them you can Bottle your own wine!!
6. Final, stop at the light house of Akrotiri to see the wonderful-famous sunset of Santorini that many tourists come only for it. From here you can admire it without so many tourists like Oia.
7. Guidance from an experienced guide in each winery.
8. Learn about the unique viticulture & the indigenous grape varietals.
15 total Wine tastings/person
8. At the end of the tour we can stop at selected restaurant in Akrotiri for dinner
The shared tour is every Monday, Thursday, Saturday at 16:30-21:00 and upon request.
In the price included tickets and wine tastings in each stop, english speaking guide and excluded the dinner that it depends from your order.
For the period november - 25 march we meet only 2 wineries and 1 local family ( total 12wines)
Send us mail in case you are interested for an other day or for availability the last moment.
Special deals for groups.